Unicenter Software Delivery v4
End of Service Follow-up Announcement
To: Unicenter Software Delivery Customers
From: The CA Software Delivery Product Team
Subject: End of Service Follow-up Announcement for Software Delivery v4
Date: December 31, 2007
CA is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. As a follow-up to our first letter regarding End of Service of Software Delivery v4, we would like to confirm that support for this release will be discontinued as of December 31, 2008 and take this opportunity to review the support schedule for currently supported releases of Unicenter Software Delivery.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to Unicenter Software Delivery r11.2 with Agent Compatibility Mode, as soon as possible so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer. Unicenter Software Delivery r11.2 with Agent Compatibility Mode delivers:
- Single Management Database (MDB)
- Single Agent Architecture
- Single Management Infrastructure
- Support for Microsoft Vista and WinPE 2.0
- 64-bit OS Support
- Agent compatibility with v3.2 and v4.0 agents to support legacy operating systems
For additional information on Unicenter Software Delivery, please visit the Unicenter Software Delivery pages at CA Support (Support.ca.com).
As CA would like to help make your upgrade to Unicenter Software Delivery r11.2 with Agent Compatibility Mode as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
A no-charge software upgrade from Unicenter Software Delivery v4 to Unicenter Software Delivery r11.2 with Agent Compatibility Mode for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your migration to Unicenter Software Delivery r11.2 with Agent Compatibility Mode can be viewed at Support.ca.com.
- CA Technology Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of the migration, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the migration, testing, and performing the migration itself. For more information please use the online "Call Me Form" at https://www.ca.com/us/register/callme.aspx?wherefrom=services.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact Unicenter Software Delivery Technical Support at Support.ca.com.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.