CA Storage Resource Manager 11.7 End of Service Announcement
November 30, 2010
To: CA Storage Resource Manager (CA SRM) Customers
From: The CA SRM Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA SRM r11.7
CA is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with our CA Support Policy and Terms (http://support.ca.com), please consider this letter your minimum 12 months notification that we are discontinuing support for CA SRM r11.7 beginning November 30, 2011. This will allow our Development organization to effectively focus its resources on and add value to CA SRM r11.8.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA SRM r11.8 as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
New features and updates for CA SRM r11.8 include:
- Fabric Intelligence
- Windows 2008 Application Server Support
- Infrastructure enhancements
- Platform Storage Differentiation
For additional information on CA SRM, please visit the CA SRM pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
As CA would like to help make your upgrade to CA SRM r11.8 as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA SRM r11.7 to CA SRM r11.8 for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA SRM r11.8 can be viewed at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- CA Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. Please visit www.ca.com/services.
- CA is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of CA’s support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA SRM CA Support at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/), your local CA Account Manager, CA Support Availability Manager, or CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.