BrightStor ARCserve Enterprise Backup 10.5 and
CA ARCserve Backup v9
End of Service Announcement
Date: May 30, 2006
To: BrightStor Enterprise Backup 10.5 and CA ARCserve Backup v9 Customers
From: The CA CA ARCserve Backup Product Team
CA is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. With CA's announcement of the general availability of CA ARCserve Backup r11.5, we would like to take this opportunity to review the support schedule for currently supported releases of CA ARCserve Backup v9 and BrightStor Enterprise Backup 10.5.
With the announced availability of CA ARCserve Backup r11.5, support for CA ARCserve Backup v9 and BrightStor Enterprise Backup 10.5 will be discontinued effective June 1, 2007.
If you have not yet upgraded to CA ARCserve Backup r11.5, we urge you to do so as soon as possible so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer. For additional information on CA ARCserve Backup r11.5, please visit www.ca.com/arcserve.
CA would like to help make your upgrade to the latest release of CA ARCserve Backup r11.5 as straightforward and successful as possible. Therefore to assist you, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from BrightStor Enterprise Backup 10.5 and CA ARCserve Backup v9 for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- You can directly upgrade from BrightStor Enterprise Backup 10.5 and CA ARCserve Backup v9 to CA ARCserve Backup r11.5. Please review product documentation available in https://support.ca.com for further details.
- CA Technology Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information please outline your needs at http://www.ca.com/services.
- Qualified partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, http://www.ca.com/partners.
- CA is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. We are pleased to announce Lifeline Services - an Extended Support Services option from CA designed to extend support for older versions of CA products that have been officially discontinued. Please visit our website at https://support.ca.com/us/product-content/admin-content/contact-us---customer-care.html for more information.
If you need additional information on the upgrade, contact your local account representative. When you are ready to request your upgrade or to obtain more information about CA ARCserve Backup r11.5, in North America please call 1-800-841-8743. If you are outside of North America, please call your local account representative or the local CA office. A complete listing of CA offices can be found at http://ca.com/camap.htm.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact Technical Support at https://support.ca.com.
We look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you. Your success is very important to us.