Sun Solaris 2.5x or above server or client
IBM RS/6000 AIX 4.1.5 or above server or client
HP9000 700 series HP-UX 10.20 or 11 server or client
HP9000 800 series HP-UX 10.20 or 11 server or client
Intel-based PC: Windows NT 3.5.1 or 4.0 server or client
Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows 2000 clients
ENHANCEMENTS, NEW FEATURES, and RESOLVED PROBLEMS
The following are product enhancements and issues that have been resolved in this release of the product:
- The Move Package process is now implemented and available for the CCC/Harvest Explorer. Previously, this process was only implemented in the Harvest Workbench. When the user executes the Move Package process, only active environments are listed in the environment selection box.
- Users can now delete a package in the CCC/Harvest Explorer by right clicking on the package in the workspace and selecting Delete from the shortcut menu.
- In the CCC/Harvest Explorer, the user can now invoke the Visual Difference process on versions in a snapshot view.
- Problems in resizing the Interactive Merge window or double clicking on the title bar are addressed. Previously, if the user attempted to drag the window to resize it or double clicked on the title bar, the Harvest Explorer would get a GPF.
- Harvest Windows Extension no longer returns an E0108 - package no longer exists. The Create Package process is now available by using the Harvest Windows Extension.
- In Harvest Window Extension, the context window now shows the state in the user defined order. Previously, the states were shown in alphabetical order; they are now shown in the same order as they appear in the Harvest Explorer.
- When using Harvest Windows Extension, if you select <no check-in process> in the Check-in Process box - Set Context window, no check-in process will be highlighted now.
- User can run the client network installation to a network drive in which he only has read access.
- The client network installation prompt is no longer confusing; the box label is changed from "Choose Destination Folder" to "Network Installation Folder" when asking the user to select a network drive.
- The client install on Windows 95 now sets the path correctly; ";" is added properly.
- Command line utility HUSQL is not included in the 4.1.2 client installation now, it is available in the server installation.
- The Harvest hci command line now supports both '-h' and '-d' options.
Version Control Interface
- Visual Basic projects can now be added with no problem if the drive is a network drive.
- Visual Difference tool or Harvest Explorer can be invoked from Visual Basic now.
- Check-in is enabled for interfacing with Visual Cafe. User can check-in, check-out, and information is shown in the session log.
- IBM Visual Age interface to Harvest is available.
- When a version is checked out, the Preserve File Timestamp option works in VCI-VC++ and behaves identical as in the Workbench.
- The HarServiceSetup.exe can now set up more than 255 servers. Previously, if a user attempted to set up 256 servers, it would reset back to 0.
- Duplicate rows in the harViewVersion database table no longer cause an ORA-01727 error when clicking on the version tab for a specific item.
- HarServiceSetup.exe now provides a Port Number option in the Harvest Service Setup window.
- Database table locking in the process of package promotion and demotion is resolved.
- The timeing problem in simultaneous user login operations is resolved.
- The timestamp in base version of an environment which has a snapshot view attached is now displayed with the original version creation time. Previously the timestamp showed the snapshot view creation time.
- If an approval process with a list of user groups is defined in the source Harvest environment and one of the user groups does not exist in the destination environment, the Harvest import environment utility is able to report the mismatch and continue the operations.
- Server UDP is corrected so the user can pass the system variables successfully.