CA TLMS Tape Management Version 12.0 EOS Announcement
To: CA TLMS® Tape Management Customers
From: The CA Technologies CA TLMS Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA TLMS Tape Management Version 12.0
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with our CA Support Policy and Terms (http://support.ca.com), please consider this letter your minimum 18 months notification that we are discontinuing support for CA TLMS Tape Management Version 12.0 beginning November 30, 2012. This will allow our Development organization to effectively focus its resources on and add value to CA TLMS Tape Management Release 12.6.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA TLMS Release 12.6 as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
New CA TLMS Tape Management 12.6 features:
- Integration with CA OPS/MVS System State Manager: CA TLMS can automatically communicate both active status events and heart beat events to CA OPS/MVS SSM. The enabling technology for this is through a generic active status or heartbeat event API call that CA OPS/MVS SSM provides to CA mainframe products so that they can communicate events consistently to CA OPS/MVS.
- Tape Intercept Monitor: This feature provides a way for CA TLMS and CA 1 to improve product integrity by monitoring the product intercepts to prevent them from being damaged or overlaid by another vendor product through the realtime monitoring of intercepts as each tape mount message is processed.
This option prevents other installed products to modify tapes without the consent of TLMS and keeping the information safe and protected from any possible non-authorized changes.
- "Free Scratch Chains After "x" Days" setting: Allows customers to recover unused space from scratched tapes using automatic parameters without the need of complex operations. This new setting allows to free the information about tapes "x" days after they are scratched, rather than retain it until the tape is reused for output.
This parameter will allow the system to use less space for the VMF and index and will improves performance of the daily maintenance utilities providing savings in administration and media expenses.
- Improved database (VMF) validation and chain checking: Exams volume and data set chains for multi-volume, multi-file sets using additional tools to insure the integrity of the VMF.
This increases product integrity and serviceability and a better management of volumes and tapes.
- 16 CPU tracking support: This feature provides support for recording the start and stop times for 16 CPUs instead of 8 in order to better manage complex tape environments.
For additional information on CA TLMS, visit the CA TLMS Tape Management pages at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
As CA Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to CA TLMS Release 12.6 as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA TLMS Tape Management Version 12.0 to CA TLMS Tape Management Release 12.6 for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA TLMS Release 12.6 can be viewed at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- CA Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. Please visit www.ca.com/services.
- Qualified local CA CA TLMS Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area, contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, www.ca.com/partners.aspx.
- CA Technologies is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of the CA Technologies support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/) for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA TLMS Tape Management support at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/), your local CA Account Manager, CA Support Availability Manager, or CA Customer Care at
+1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.