TPX supports several languages beside English. This document describes what is needed to do in order to use the panels for other languages.
How can I use panels in other languages for CA-TPX?
TPX supports several languages beside English. The Panel definitions for all languages are found in PANELxx libraries, where xx is one of the following two-character language identifiers:
Language Identifier Language BF Belgium French BP Brazilian Portuguese DA Danish DU Dutch EN English FI Finnish FR French GE German IT Italian JP Japanese NO Norwegian SF Swiss French SG Swiss German SP Spanish SW Swedish UP Upper Case English
The member 'hlq.CB0VJCL(INSTPNLS)' contains the JCL to install panel libraries. Before submitting this Job follow the instructions documented at the beginning of that Job:
- Supply an appropriate Job Card for this job.
- Modify the substitution parameters to meet your sites requirements on the "unload" proc.
- Change the TVOL parameter to the serial number specified on the Tape Label.
- Change ???????? to the Prefix of the SMPE.CSI VSAM File.
- Change ## to Language Suffix (per above Table).
- Replace % with FMID Suffix (per above table).
In the TPX-Startjob you need to add the libraries downloaded from tape to the PANELS DD-Card. Here the German and French panels are added:
//PANELS DD DSN=&TPREFIX..PANELEN,DISP=SHR // DD DSN=&TPREFIX..PANELGE,DISP=SHR // DD DSN=&TPREFIX..PANELFR,DISP=SHR
The default language for users is set in the 6th panel of SMRT. This value can be overwritten by a Profile or in User Settings.