Even though MSP Assignment Units Mapping with PPM Assignment 'Max % Load' is checked in PPM, Max % Load is not exporting to Microsoft Project (MSP) when Windows regional setting is not set to English.
Steps to Reproduce
- Non English MSP2013 SP1 (Example: Portuguese or Spanish) with a supported Microsoft Project Update
- Windows language: English with non English Regional setting (Example: Portuguese or Spanish)
- Go Administration -> Project Management->Settings
- Check 'MSP Assignment Units Mapping with PPM Assignment 'Max % Load''
- Save the change
- Go to Home -> Projects and create a new project
- Add one team member to the project
- Create a task and assign the resource to the task
- Change the Max % Load of the assignment to 50%
- Export the project to MSP
- Double click on the task and view the Units for the Assignment
Expected Results: Units matches the Max % Load set for the assignment (in this example, 50%).
Actual Results: Units doesn't reflect the 'Max % Load' for the assignment (it will show as 0% regardless of what is set on the PPM side) as the Max % Load does value is not exported to MSP.
This is caused by DE33331
For 15.1, this issue is fixed in 15.1 patch 8. For all other impacted releases, this issue is still under investigation.
Note: Once this issue is fixed, the latest supported Microsoft Project update must also be installed in order to reflect the fix, as a related MSP defect was fixed in the Microsoft Project July 2017 update (MSP2013: KB3213538 and MSP2016: KB3203476).
Change the OS level setting of 'Decimal symbol from comma ',' to period '.'
- Go to Control Panel->Region->
- Click the 'Additional Settings' button
- Change Decimal symbol value to '.'
Reference TEC1830355 for more information on supported Microsoft Project updates with the MSP New Driver