In the Microsoft Project (MSP) New Driver, intermittently unable to edit data in text fields. This has been reproduced in MSP Standalone using the below steps:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a new project in MSP with one task
- Go to the Project tab and click the 'Custom Fields' button
- Select one of the Text fields (In this example, Text7)
- Rename the field and click 'OK'
- Add the Text7 column to the MSP view
- Add some text to the Text7 field (It is currently still editable)
- Go to File->Organizer->Fields and copy Text7 from the project to the Global.mpt
- Save the project as a XML file
- Close MSP
- Reopen MSP and open the XML in MSP
- Attempt to edit Text7 again for the task
Expected Results: Text7 is still editable
Actual Results: Text7 is not able to be edited
This is due to a Microsoft Project issue, it is reproducible in Microsoft Project Standalone in Microsoft Project 2016 (It is not reproducible in Microsoft Project 2013 SP1).
This issue is fixed as of the September 2017 Microsoft Project update KB4011101.
- Open the problem project and click the 'Project' tab
- Click the 'Custom Fields' button
- Click on field with the issue and click the 'Delete' button
- Click 'OK'