After installing the CA Release Automation Agent on my RHEL 7 server the agent is not restarting when the server is rebooted.
Check to see if these files are present:
If not then this confirms that the agent is not installed as a service. The agent needs to be installed as a service for it to restart after a reboot.
Here is a link to the documentation that explains how to normally install the agent as a service:
You only need to pay attention to the section "Install Unix / Linux Agent to Run as Non-Root User", not "Run Processes Under Different Users – Unix/Linux".
However, the instructions in that document will only get you part way because you are using version 6.2 of the agent and RHEL 7.2 and above. RHEL version 7.x and above introduced a change to how it starts services. It now uses the systemd service and the RA 6.2 agent does not properly setup services for systemd. The agent version 6.3 and above does properly setup systemd services. Based on this you will need to do the following to install the agent as a service:
1. Modify the /opt/CDM/conf/deployer_configuration.sh. Uncomment the RUN_AS_USER field and add the nonroot user, that you want the agent to start as after a reboot, as its value.
2. As root, or with sudo permissions, from /opt/CMD run: ./deployer_daemon.sh remove
3. As root, or with sudo permissions, from /opt/CMD run: ./deployer_daemon.sh install
4. Make sure that the /etc/rc.d/init.d/nolioagent file is now available.
5. Then create the file /etc/systemd/service/nolioagent.service and add the following to it:
Description=Nolio Deployer Agent Service
6. As root, or with sudo permissions, run the command: systemctl daemon-reload
The command in step 6 should create a symbolic link in the directory /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants pointing to /etc/systemd/system/nolioagent.service
7. Steps complete. You'll need to wait for a reboot to confirm all works as expected.
Once you upgrade to 6.3 and above you can upgrade your agents through ASAP. The upgrade will not try to install the service. But it will also not remove the service that you manually installed. If you had not installed the service using the steps above and just upgraded to 6.3 or above then upgrade the agents. After upgrading the agents you can use the steps outlined in the product documentation to completely install the service without the extra steps outlined above.