After setting up HTTPS on NFA using TEC1940212, you may notice that if you access the site via HTTP, SSO will load in HTTPS, but after authentication, it switches back to HTTP. This doc will help you fix that issue and allow you to access the site via HTTPS without specifying.
How do I force the NFA to use HTTPS when accessing the site using HTTP?
- Go to: https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite
- Download the URL-Rewrite IIS Extension to the NFA Console Server and install it.
- Once it is installed, open IIS and navigate to: <ServerName>/Sites/Default Web Site/RA and then click on the "URL Rewrite" feature.
- Click on "Add Rule(s)...." in the "Actions" side pane and then choose "Blank Rule".
- Give the rule the "Name" of "HTTPS Redirect".
- Set the rule to match the screenshot EXACTLY as below:
- Skip "Server Variables" and move onto "Action". Set the "Action" to make it match the below screenshot EXACTLY:
- Now click "Apply" in the right hand side "Actions" pane.
- Do an IISRESET and test your website by accessing via NFA to make sure after authentication in SSO than the site remain using HTTPS.