Is there a batch method to retire a large number of KT documents?
There is no current way to retire a large number of CA SDM Knowledge Documents from the CA SDM GUI.
However, the following pdm_extract/pdm_load approach might achieve the results:
1. From a command prompt on the CA SDM server, run the following pdm_extract command
pdm_extract -f "select ACTIVE_STATE,id,pers_id from SKELETONS where id=***" > kt1.txt
2. This will create a 'kt1.tx' file with the CA SDM Knowledge Documents based on the where clause
3. Modify the file with a text editor and change the ACTIVE_STATE field to '2' (which is the code for retired) and set the STATUS_ID field to '80'
4. Save the file with a new name (i.e. kt2.txt)
5. From a command prompt on the CA SDM server, run the following pdm_load command
pdm_load -f kt2.txt -u
6. Check via the CA SDM GUI if the documents are now in a retired status.
As always, we recommend testing all changes in a non-PROD environment, perhaps test with only a couple of Knowledge Documents first.
TEC1102036 - If an expiration date was not set on knowledge documents during creation/approval, is there a way to bulk retire documents?