This document will explain how to delete existing licenses in Agile Requirements Designer (ARD). Deleting old license entries using the steps in this document is often helpful while troubleshooting licensing issues with ARD. Once deleted, these licenses should no longer appear in CodeMeter Control Center or the WebAdmin.
How do I delete old, expired, or unused licenses from Agile Requirements Designer?
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin
- Locate 'CodeMeterCC.exe', right-click, and choose 'Run as administrator'.
- In the CodeMeter Control Center window, under the 'License' tab, select the CM license container which you would like to delete.
- Make a note of the Serial number. Example in the screenshot is ‘128-9928168’
- Open a command prompt. You can do this by searching for 'cmd' in your Windows start menu. It will show under 'Programs' as cmd.exe.
- Navigate to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin’ using the following command
>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin
- Use the cmu32 command line tool to delete the license using the serial number you found in step one. Note that before the option ‘delete’ and ‘serial’ there are two hyphens.
>cmu32 --delete-cmact-license --serial 128-9928168
- Once the license has been deleted, you should see a 'CmAct- License X successfully removed' message in the command prompt. You should also no longer see the license in the CodeMeter Control Center window.
If you have any other license containers besides 'AgileDesigner' in CodeMeterCC, such as 'AgileDesignerUnb', 'AgileDesigner-Trial', or 'AgileDesigner-Offline', we suggest deleting them to avoid confusion and future issues.
- If you experience licensing issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call customer support at one of these numbers http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/contact-support.html.
- We also recommend searching our online knowledge base for a cause and resolution to any error messages you encounter: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/support-by-product/ca-agile-requirements-designer.html?d=t&type=Knowledge
- To learn how to receive and apply a new license please refer to the following documents:
- If you accidentally deleted your license containers, please review this document on how to add them back: