Review the Prerequisites for a SQL Server Mart
Before you install the Mart components, help ensure that the minimum system requirements that are outlined in this topic are met.
You can use any of the following combinations to install CA ERwin Data Modeler, the Mart database, and the MartServer application:
- Install CA ERwin Data Modeler, the Mart database, and the MartServer application on the same computer.
- Install CA ERwin Data Modeler, the Mart database, and the MartServer application on different computers.
- Install CA ERwin Data Modeler and the Mart database on one computer, and install the MartServer application on a different computer.
- Install CA ERwin Data Modeler on one computer, and install the Mart database and the MartServer application on a different computer.
Help ensure that you always install the MartServer application on the Windows operating system.
System requirements to install the MartServer application
Hardware requirements (based on physical hardware performance, not a virtual environment):
- 2 GHZ or higher dual core processor
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more for large marts)
- 4 GB of disk space or more as required to support your specific mart
- The Mart Server can use a standalone or can share an existing database server for a Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, or 2014 database.
- The SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, and 2014 TRUSTWORTHY database property is no longer required for the mart. After you install this product, you can optionally reset this property to OFF.
- The database user account that is used to configure the Mart must have the dba_owner role assigned.
- (Optional) To use the Korean language, use the Korean_wansung_CI_AS character set. Select the character set while creating the Mart database (in the Collation field). For more information, see the SQL Server documentation.
CA ERwin Mart Administrator web client:
- Supported browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8® or newer
- Mozilla Firefox® v.9.0 or newer
- Google Chrome 14 or newer
- Apple Safari 5 or newer
- Adobe Flash plug-in version 8 or newer for the respective browser
Help ensure that the following additional requirements are met:
Important disclaimer notice on all requirements
- The requirements that are mentioned previously define the minimum requirements which permit the application to run with reasonable performance based on a small business use case scenario. The actual requirements for an enterprise-wide use case based on larger models and configurations require significantly greater resources to obtain acceptable performance.
- These requirements are based on actual physical hardware (no virtual environment) and the following assumptions:
- Minimal to no network overhead (both the database and application servers are locally installed)
- Vendor's default install of the current version of their software (with all current service or fix packs)
- No other applications sharing the defined hardware configuration (for example, a “clean” machine)
Any other hardware/software configurations are acceptable as long as they provide the same (or better) performance characteristics identified.
Back to Top
Copyright © 2015 CA Technologies.
All rights reserved.